Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy.
Right to cancel – services
The Consumer Contracts Regulations say that in most cases, you can cancel within 14 days. If you agree the service will start within this time you may be charged for what you’ve used.
This is a summary of some of your key rights.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- We, us or our
means BERNADETTE LOUISE GARSIDE (The perfect Wedding Company)
References to us in these Terms also includes any group companies which we may have from time to time.
- Our site or our website
refers to the site on which these terms and conditions are displayed, including, but not limited to the following websites:
- You or your
means the person accessing or using our site to make purchases from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- e-mail: [email protected]
Who we are
Our office is at:
CC Botánico local 76 San Fernando 35100 san Bartolomé de Tirajana, Las Palmas, Spain
The details of this contract will not be filed with any relevant authority by us.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- These terms and conditions apply to any sale of services on our site. If you buy services on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract and the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
– contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
- Ordering from us
- Here we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you confirm payment), we will acknowledge it by Email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
(a). the services are unavailable;
(b). we cannot authorise your payment;
(c). you are not allowed to buy the services from us;
(d). we are not allowed to sell the services to you;
(e). there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the services.
- We will only accept your order when we send you an Email to confirm this (Confirmation Email ). At this point:
(a). a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
(b). your order will be fulfilled
This merchant agrees not to allow any transaction that is illegal, or is deemed by the credit card brands or the acquiring bank, that may or has the potential to damage their goodwill or negatively influence them.
The following activities are prohibited under the programs of the card brands: the sale or offer of a product or service that is not in full compliance with all laws applicable to the Buyer, Issuing Bank, Merchant, Cardholder, or cards.
In addition, the following activities are also explicitly prohibited: “Sale of alcoholic beverages to persons under 18 years of age.
- If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy any services from our site. However, in some cases you may not be able to buy certain services because you are too young. If so this will be set out on the relevant webpage for the services concerned.
D Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which this this contract was entered into. If you agree the service will start within this time you may be charged for what you’ve used.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (by email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To: [email protected] or
BERNADETTE LOUISE GARSIDE
I/We* hereby give notice that I/We* cancel my/our* contract of sale of the following goods */the supply of the following service *,
Ordered on */received on *,
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
* Delete as appropriate
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Payment and right to cancel if performance of services requested to commence before expiry of 14 day cancellation period
- If you request us to begin the performance of services during the 14 day cancellation period referred to above in the clause entitled “Right to cancel this contract “, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until the date when you have communicated to us your cancellation of this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- You will lose the right to cancel this contract if the services have been fully performed at your express request within the cancellation period (in which case we will ask you to confirm that you understand you will lose your right to cancel).
- Performance of Services
- Where possible we will offer the opportunity to confirm the time and date for performance of services purchased during the confirmation process and prior to the purchase of the services.
- In other cases we may offer you with the opportunity to book the time and date for performance of services following the purchase of those services.
- In all cases we will seek to perform the services purchased within a reasonable time and without causing you significant inconvenience.
- Please note that where performance is requested or confirmed to commence within 14 days of purchase the above clause entitled “Payment and right to cancel if performance of services requested to commence before expiry of 14 day cancellation period” will be applicable.”
- If you have any questions as regards the time or date for performance of purchased services please contact us immediately.
- We accept the following means of payment:
- We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that all of the information you give us when paying for services is secure by using an encrypted and secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when you confirm your order.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We use extra security steps via Verified by Visa, Mastercard®SecureCodeTM or equivalent services.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during any applicable ‘cooling off’ period detailed under the Clauses entitled ‘Right to Cancel this Contract ‘ and ‘Effects of Cancellation ‘ above.
- The price of the services:
(a). is in euros (€);
(b). includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- Nature of services
- The Consumer Rights Act gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, that any services purchased are performed by us with reasonable care and skill.
- We must provide you with services that comply with your legal rights.
- When we supply services:
(a). we will use all reasonable care and skill in the performance of those services;
(b). where the price is not agreed beforehand we will provide the service for a reasonable price; and
(c). we will perform the services within a reasonable time.
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limit on our responsibility
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for:
(a). losses that:
(I). were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
(II). that were not caused by any breach on our part;
(b). business losses; and
(c). losses to non-consumers.
- Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
We process the information you provide us with in order to provide the requested service and to carry out your billing. The data provided will be kept as long as the commercial relationship is maintained or for the time necessary to comply with legal obligations and meet the possible responsibilities that may arise, compliance with the purpose for which the data were collected. The data will not be transferred to third parties except in cases where there is a legal obligation. You have the right to obtain information about whether we are treating your personal data, so you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and portability of data and opposition and limitation to its treatment before Bernadette Louise Garside at the address detailed above in data controller data or at the email address [email protected], attaching a copy of your ID or equivalent document. Likewise, and especially if you consider that you have not obtained full satisfaction in the exercise of your rights, you may file a claim with the national control authority by addressing this purpose to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, C / Jorge Juan, 6 – 28001 Madrid. “
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
(a). the services;
(b). our service to you; or
(c). any other matter;
please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
(a). let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
(b). consider the need for Alternative Dispute Resolution and, if considered necessary, provide you with information about any alternative dispute resolution provider we deem appropriate to deal with your complaint.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the Spain will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
- The laws of Spain will apply to these Terms.